The Internal Grants Program is the heart of the Southern Cross Care Community Foundation – turning fundraising revenue into real-world outcomes that improve the lives of people in our community.
Through the program, we seek to provide opportunities for creative and innovative projects to support people in our community to be Better for life - free from loneliness and isolation.
We are proud to announce the Internal Grant Recipients for 2021!
- The Pines Health & Wellness Centre, PhysiTrack Program - Providing ongoing in-home exercise and therapy guides.
- The Philip Kennedy Centre Health & Wellness Centre, Technology Tablets - Men At Work Program - 6 week program or men diagnosed with prostate cancer that will embrace, enhance, promote and value life through exercise and social interaction.
- The Pines Health & Wellness Centre, Multi Sensory Environment - Sensory Garden
- Willow Fern Cottage, Upstyle Project - recycle, restore, reuse
- The Pines Retirement Living, The Men's Shed - Providing a meeting place for social interaction, creativity and working collaboratively that promote a sense of achievement.
- Residential Care homes, Drum Circle - encouraging physical activity through music and fun
- Onkaparinga Lodge Residential Care, Sensory garden in the memory support unit to promote connection with nature and encourage residents to spend time outdoors and work together to produce fruit and vegetables.
- Bellevue Court Residential Care, Publication of a well-respected resident’s proverbs, thoughts and jokes. The resident’s past experiences reflect those of so many who've lived through challenging times.
- The Pines Lodge Residential Care, Pines Community Garden - Pergola/shade to provide a comfortable meeting place amongst nature to sit, chat and relax.