Welcome to the Southern Cross Care Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page. Here you will find information about the COVID-19 pandemic, how we are responding to it, and what you need to do as a member of the Southern Cross Care community.
Our response to COVID-19
The Southern Cross Care Board, Executive and Management team are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and are leading a range of planning and preparedness activities including;
- Activation of our Emergency Planning Committee, to coordinate our organisational response
- Creation of a new Emergency Pandemic Response Team, to coordinate our clinical response
- Reviewing and updating our Pandemic Prevention & Management Plan and Procedure
- Redoubling of our standard hand-hygiene and infection control and prevention protocols
- Rolling out new mandatory training modules to all staff, specific to COVID-19
- Assessing and preparing for any disruption to supply of items such as food or medical consumables
- Introducing new requirements and restrictions on staff returning from travel, and on visitors to our Residential Care homes and other service locations
These activities are helping to ensure that our organisation is well prepared to respond to COVID-19, and minimise any impact it may have on our provision of high-quality services to our clients and residents.
What is COVID-19
Click here for information about COVID-19.
What I need to do
Click here to find out what you need to do as a member of the Southern Cross Care community.
Residential Care visitors
Click here to read our current protocol for visitors to our Residential Care homes.
Impacts to services
Click here to find out how COVID-19 is impacting our services.
Click here to access more information about COVID-19.