Our SA Residential Care homes are operating under our Phase 1 Safeguarding Plan, and there are still measures that we all need to understand and follow under the revised Emergency Management Directions and our Safeguarding Plan.
These key measures include:
- All staff wear a surgical mask while working on-site;
- All visitors wear a mask during their visit;
From 10 September anyone (including staff, visitors, volunteers and contractors) need to check in through the COVID SAfe Check In System;
- This means visitors and contractors need to sign in to the COVID SAfe System and RapdiGo terminal
- All visits are limited to a maximum of two people at a time to enable social distancing and will be conducted in a designated garden area, meeting room, or residents’ rooms;
- All visits must be scheduled in advance and can be booked via your local home’s reception email address which can be found on our website here;
- Online or window visits are also available.
There will be some variations on these measures depending on the vaccination rates of residents at each home, in line with the SA Government's Emergency Management Direction.
On Thursday 19 August, the NT Government lifted the Lockdown for the Greater Darwin region and updated the Chief Health Officer Direction for Aged Care Facilities (No. 48).
We are pleased to say that this means Pearl Supported Care can now accept visitors, however the following people are not permitted to enter Pearl:
- A person who has been in contact with a person infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
- A person who must quarantine under any COVID-19 Directions;
- A person who was, within the previous 14 days, in a place that is declared to be a COVID-19 hotspot at the time of entry; coronavirus.nt.gov.au/hotspots-covid-19
- A person who has been at a NT COVID-19 Public Exposure Site; coronavirus.nt.gov.au/case-location-alerts-and-public-exposure-sites
We thank our Pearl community for their patience over the past week and support in helping to keep our residents safe and healthy during this time.