Health Education Sessions
Regaining or maintaining your health isn't just about exercising your body, you also need to exercise your mind and stay up to date with the latest health information. Our range of available health education sessions focus on your core. We also have upcoming events such as Intune: Steering the way to better health.
Hold on to your core
Bladder and bowel problems affect one in four people. Incontinence is not a natural part of ageing! It can be treated, managed or even resolved. Join us for a series of information sessions to find out how.
- Session 1 - Healthy bladder, bowel habits and continence product information
- Session 2 The physiology of the bladder, bowel function and the pelvic floor
- Session 3 - Practical exercises led by a Southern Cross Care accredited exercise physiologist and physiotherapist. Learn how to activate and strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
- Riverside Retirement Living, 192 Liverpool Road Goolwa SA 5214 - Monday 14, 21 and 28 May from 11.00am-2.00pm
Cost is $15 for all 3 sessions per site, please RSVP at least one week prior to event. For more information or to book your spot, call 8179 6825.
Intune: Steering the way to better health
Blokes, here’s a chance to check your engines! Time to put your foot down and drive into Southern Cross Care’s pit-stop. Check out the display of antique cars, park with the professionals for a speedy health check, cheers to ‘Men’s Health Week’ with a healthy lunch and leave satisfied knowing you’re on the way to building a stronger engine. Yes, of course the ladies are invited too!
- The Philip Kennedy Centre Health & Wellness Centre, 20 Wigley Street Largs Bay SA 5016 - Wednesday 13 June from 11.00am-2.00pm
- John Martin House, The Pines, 336 Marion Road North Plympton SA 5037 - Thursday 14 June from 11.00am-2.00pm
Cost is $5, please RSVP at least one week prior to event . For more information or to book your spot, call 8179 6825.