Home Share Adelaide
Home Share Adelaide will be an exciting new way to share homes and live Better for Life, and we need your help to co-design and participate in this new and exciting program.
Supported by the Office for Ageing Well, we are developing this service to support older people who are not receiving government subsidised home care.
It aims to address both the support needs for older people and affordable accommodation for adults or students residing in Adelaide.
As this project is new we are asking all participants to assist in the co-design of the program. This involves providing your ideas and suggestions for a safe and sustainable service for older persons and your feedback as the project progresses.
Home Share Adelaide promotes mutually respectful and supportive relationships.
It also aims to promote a mutual sense of purpose and contribution between different members of the community. Home sharing programs are conducted all over the world, but this service is new to Adelaide.
How does it work?
The program specifically involves a person with support needs sharing a spare room in their home with another person who in exchange will provide seven hours of chores or errands per week.
Home Share Adelaide is perfect for those who live independently in their home, and key details include:
- Participants are supported to select the person to share their home and arrangements
- Six month period with the potential to independently extend home sharing
- Participants must live in metropolitan Adelaide and be able to independently make their own decisions
- For the person sharing their home - there is no fee, but for the person wanting to share a home, there is only an initial application fee
- Participants must also contribute to their share of the amenity bills
- Police background checks for all participants.
To register your interest, give us a call on 1800 852 772.
Want to have a say on the future of Home Care?
If you do, our Community Services Advisory Group could be perfect for you.
We are welcoming diverse individuals to join an ongoing group of volunteers to discuss and improve our services.
The group meets 3 times a year over lunch and wants to hear your opinions and suggestions on improvements to support people to stay living happy, healthy and independent lives at home.
Some examples of the achievements of the group include:
- Planning service improvements
- Receiving and responding to client feedback
- Social group and outing recommendations or evaluations
- Advocating for new services and more services in different regions
- Reviewing the language and suitability on client documents
- Developing easy Guides to help clients understand processes
A National Police Check at no cost to you is required.
Home Care Online Info Forum
Meanwhile we are also running a monthly Home Care online infomation forum on the first Wednesday of each month at 2.00pm.
During each session, we will explain our range of services and how to access them.
We will also provide information about the Commonwealth Government funding programs that subsidise our services, helping to reduce your out of pocket expenses.
We can even provide you with a free referral to the Government’s funding portal, My Aged Care. To register, please contact us at 1800 852 772.
Southern Cross Care is bringing you a fun way to exercise, turning a part of Adelaide into our own funky town, the Daylight Disco program.
Available to people over 65, disco attire is optional and it gives the freedom to dance away under the disco ball and make new friends.
Where: The Burnside Ballroom 401 Greenhill Road, Tusmore
When: The first Friday of the month
Time: 10.00am - 11.00am
Cost: $2 (light refreshments provided)
If you want to boogie down, call 1800 852 772