Makes 2 Servings*
Perfect for a warm summer’s day, especially with a glass of bubbles!
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tbsp plus 1-1/2 tsp sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb,
- tablespoons sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries and remaining sugar in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Stir into rhubarb mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into 2 parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with additional berries if desired.